Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Driving Me Nuts


You know, I have a message for MapQuest...you suck! I had to go to court here in LA and needed directions, so I went to MapQuest and, as anyone knows if you've driven the LA freeways or own a TV, traffic is a nightmare here already without any added issues. So I'm sitting in traffic and getting nervous because court starts at 8:30 and it's 8:10 now. Finally I get to my exit. "Make a left on Temple," MapQuest says. Ok, great...Temple it is. "Drive 0.1 mile and End at 1633 Purdue St.," MapQuest says. Ok...uh...no, nope, no Purdue St. Now I'm in a panic rechecking directions while trying to drive (damn...wish I had an iphone...not). 8:30 passes, 8:40, 8:50... I finally stopped for directions (you gals know guys hate doing this) and I get some guy with a Southern accent telling me he never heard of Purdue St. and he wasn't from LA. That's the biggest problem about asking for directions in LA...nobody is from LA. Turns out, Mr. MapQuest, Purdue St. is in Santa Monica, not downtown LA!!!!! The funniest thing about this (if there is something funny about this) is the direction link to MapQuest came from the LA Superior Court Web site. How ironic. That way people will miss their court date and have to pay a $525 fine...which, by the way was the reason I was going to court in the first place. I missed a court date I didn't know I had due to some small print on the back of some 4 page subpoena I got (probably) cause I didn't get my smog check done. BAM!!! A $10 fix it ticket became $525. Anyway, I finally get to the court and (here's the kicker) turns out I had no court date cause I chose to pay the fine! I only paid the fine cause the citation said, WE WILL SUSPEND YOUR LICENSE IN 10 DAYS IF NOT PAID. I figured pay it, then fight it. Now it's basically a lost cause.
Anyway, traffic is nuts out here, and I don't mean pistachio nuts either. More like those spicy peanuts. We will continue this talk later. Pis out!

No comments:

Post a Comment